Sunday, February 9, 2014

Venturing Out of the House

Yesterday Larry and I attended the funeral of a 99-year-old magnificent mother of five great children. In the context of weight loss, however, it seemed challenging to eat away from home. As it turned out, it wasn't so difficult. It would appear that, if I can use my mouth for talking, I don't need to use it as much for eating! This will happen again today, as we travel to celebrate the 80th birthday of one cousin, followed by the 70th birthday of a brother-in-law. My sister says she can always skip cake. Well, I'll have to do a LOT of talking to avoid cake, although I think I did that yesterday. I simply avoided the dessert table. I know I saw cupcakes and peppermints from a distance and a brownie up close (it was being consumed by someone at our table) but I just kept my eyes on people instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment