Thursday, February 6, 2014

Getting on with it

My New Year's resolution was to lose weight. Sound familiar?

But this feels like a final attempt, so I'm using the big guns (and I don't mean big as in weigh-a-lot) to help me.

1. I researched my insurance coverage and asked my doctor's advice.
2. January 15:  I attended an info session for non-surgical weight loss. Made an appointment with the physician in charge of the program.
3. January 27: I kept an appointment with Dr. Troy Schumann, the physician associated with the program. That day, I also was weighed and measured and categorized as obese.
4. January 28: I completed blood work. I was found to be anemic and told to consult my PCP.
6. January 31. Back to my doctor. Perhaps anemic because of donating blood on Jan. 16.
7. February 6. St. E's: attendance at New Start
8. February 12 first meeting with dietician

No comments:

Post a Comment