Friday, February 7, 2014

Day One

Last evening, I attended "New Start" at the hospital and this morning I made my first "artificial" meal, a "supplement" that replaces one meal a day. The program seems very strict and I feel anxious. The supplement was actually so large that it was had to finish it. I'm writing this blog to increase my commitment to the program and to weight loss.

I feel handicapped in that most exercise seems prohibitive because of the arthritis in my feet and hands, but I hope to figure something out--with the help of the people at the hospital. Lack of exercise is one reason I got into this shape--and exercise may have been one reason my feet hurt--and my feet hurting is a reason I don't exercise. Do you see the pattern it will be hard to escape?

I need to go to the grocery to stock up on some recommended foods. My other meals today are actual food that I will prepare. Since my blood work indicates a shortage of ferritin, I'm committing myself to spinach.

I don't know if anyone other than myself is reading this, but if you are, I appreciate your moral support.

No comments:

Post a Comment